Mary Fox RN, PhD is an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing, a prior Ontario Ministry of Health Career Scientist and CIHR fellow and a current Ontario Ministry of Research & Innovation Early Researcher award recipient. Her research contributes to a more comprehensive of function-focused interprofessional interventions to improve outcomes during older adults’ hospitalization. Her expertise includes qualitative and quantitative data analysis; systematic reviews; survey and intervention research; bedrest; and the Acute Care for Elders (ACE) model.
- Fox, M., Persaud, M., Maimets, I., Brooks, D., O’Brien, K., & Tregunno, D. (2013). Effectiveness of early discharge planning for older adults acutely admitted to hospital: A systematic review, BMC Geriatrics, 13:70, doi:10.1186/1471-2318-13-70.
- Fox, M.T., Sidani, S., Persaud, M., Maimets, I., Tregunno, D., & Brooks, D., O’Brien, K. (2013). Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Components of Acute Geriatric Unit Care: Systematic Descriptive Review. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 61(6), 939 - 946. Published in early view 20may2013 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/%28ISSN%291532-5415/earlyview
- Fox, M. (2013). Adapting the Acute Care for Elders (ACE) model to your hospital. Invited Guest Editorial, Geriatric Nursing, 34(4), 332-334.
- Fox, M.T. (2013). The Acute Care for Elders (ACE) model: Nursing interventions for optimal outcomes. Perspectives, Journal of the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association, 36(2), 16-17.
- Fox, M., Persaud, M., Maimets, I., O’Brien, K. Brooks, D., Tregunno, D., & Schraa, E. (2012). Effectiveness of acute geriatric unit care using Acute Care for Elders (ACE) components: A systematic review and meta-analysis, Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60(12), 2237-2245. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jgs.12028
For more information about Dr. Mary Fox, please view her webpage.